Friday, March 4, 2016

Keyword Search on a Blog

As a blogger, not a good one, but one none the less, I try to make sure that a reader of the blog can find what they are looking for. Now, there are some limitations in what I can control, but I use Blogger because of the Google Search Engine to help the reader find stuff.

I have the list down the left side, base on Family Tree Maker Version Number, the Workspace that the article is about, and the next level within that Workspace. So a Family Tree Maker user, understanding the Workspace concept should / hopefully be able to find stuff. Then I add specific topics, at the bottom. So, there are many "tags" to help you find what you might be looking for.

Google relies on Keywords, at least that is my experience, to search on. I start small, one or two words and narrow down the results based on what is returned.

Blogger helps me with that, but showing me what people are searching for on the blog, from that Search Box on the Left, at the top. I do check that from time to time, to make sure the reader can find what they are looking for.

I want to Share what I saw just now.


Sorry folks, I can't guess, how you might search. I don't think that a Blog Search field wants to see sentences. In looking at these (just now) results, any ONE of those words, one or two at most, would have returned results. I think that I have blog posts about most, if now all, of those single word searches.

I try.

_______________________________________________________________
Copyright © 2016 by H R Worthington

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post your comments here

Print Friendly