Monday, March 28, 2016

FTM2014 / FTM-3 Clean Up Media Categories after a Merge

After a merge of a part of one Family Tree Maker file, into the file I am working on, I had the expected clean up to do, but found a clean up that I had NOT expected to find.

That is that I had many Media Categories from the other file that had media files in, that are not used in the file I am working on. There is no utility / command to clean up unused Media Categories.

I think I found a work around for that and will demonstrate that in this video.




If you think we need this type of feature, please visit MacKiev.com, then Family Tree Maker and select Suggest A Feature.

http://www.mackiev.com/familytreemaker/ftm3/ftm_feedback.html?type=featurerequest&ext=yes
_______________________________________________________________
Copyright © 2016 by H R Worthington

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post your comments here

Print Friendly